Only the Best Online Casinos for You to Review
You want to play at only the best online casinos. However, with new websites popping up all the time and existing ones improving and advancing constantly, it can be hard to keep up. Find the top Canadian casinos to review here, so you don't have to weed through the subpar sites yourself.
What are the Laws of Online Gambling in Canada?
There are two options for players living in Canada when it comes to legal online gambling. First, you can play at government-operated casinos with no fear of reprisal. Currently, four provinces offer government-owned sites: British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, and Quebec. If you live in any of those provinces you can legally play at PlayNow Casino in BC or Manitoba, PlayOLG.ca in Ontario, or espacejeux.com in Quebec, respectively. However, you can only play at the online casino that is operated by your province and then only if you are playing from your province. For example, if you live in Nova Scotia, you may not legally access any of these provincially run sites. Also, if you live in Quebec but are traveling in Alberta, you may not play at that casino until you return to your home province. Changes are likely coming soon to these rules, as Ontario is already considering opening up the playing field to regulated private gambling sites, so keep your ear to the ground.
The second legal option for a gambler in Canada is to play at offshore online betting establishments. Legal status is granted to those casinos that are being operated legally in their jurisdiction (such as the Isle of Man, Antigua and Barbuda, or Malta) AND are allowed to host Canadian players. So, that means that any offshore casinos that meet these criteria are a safe bet to play at. Also, online casinos operated by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, although located in Quebec, are considered offshore. But don't worry, you will only find legally sanctioned sites to review here.
The Best Software Developers for Canadian Casinos
- Betsoft - Are 3D games your thing? If they are, look for sites to review that feature Betsoft gaming software, as they offer the best 3D slots (like Enchanted) and 3D horse racing.
- Microgaming - If you get excited thinking about the number of zeros in progressive jackpots, then Microgaming is the best option for you. With the largest progressive jackpot network in the world, no one can compete with their payouts. One game, Mega Moolah, paid out the equivalent of over $26,000,000 CND in 2015 to one lucky jackpot winner.
- NetEnt - NetEnt features an incredibly interactive Narcos branded video slot with footage from the TV show itself. For fans of the show, finding a casino that hosts NetEnt would increase your entertainment factor considerably.
Banking Methods that are Best for CAD
The best banking method depends on you - what services do you already use, what currency do you prefer to play with, and how much the fees are for each option. Many casinos offer multiple options, so look for the ones that have your preferred method.
- Bitcoin - There are plenty of online casinos out there that offer payment in Bitcoin, which is a good option if you deal in that currency. Also, there is usually no fee associated with withdrawing your winnings in Bitcoin. If you deal with another cryptocurrency, look for casinos specific to your needs as there might be one that operates in your currency of choice.
- eWallet Services - If you already have an account with Paypal, Neteller, or Skrill, then you are probably more comfortable entering your account info rather than all of your banking details across multiple sites. Most casinos offer third-party payment through all of the big providers, and there is usually no fee to transfer your winnings from the casino to your account.
- Online Banking - Sometimes, simpler is better. If you want your money to be deposited directly into your bank account, then find the online casinos that will make direct deposits. These usually come with a fee, but most of the eWallet services will charge you to deposit your money into your account as well. You can also use Interac eTransfer to make deposits at your favorite casino.
List of Bonuses for New and Existing Players
If any of the sites you find here pique your interest, why not give them a review? And, like anything in life, it might take trying a few different ones before you find THE ONE. The best way of doing that is to make use of promotions so you can play for little cost to you, or even for free.
- New Player Deposit Bonuses - Many online casinos will offer new player bonuses that can exponentially increase your money. Sometimes known as a match deposit, websites will welcome newbies by matching their initial deposit by 100, 150, or even 200% (up to a certain amount, of course). Deposit deals are perfect if you already have some money earmarked for gambling. You can get a feel for a casino for less than half of what you would have had to spend, and you can stay on budget.
- New Player No Deposit Bonuses - Other times, you won't even have to spend a single cent of your coinage. With no deposit deals, you can play for free. While these offers can be less generous than deposit promos, you can still get some free spins, free cash, or free play on the house. No Deposit deals will potentially allow you to review a wider range of new sites before spending your money anywhere.
- Existing Player Bonuses - If you aren't new to an online casino, don't fret! Casinos want to keep you playing just as much as they want you to start playing in the first place. Keep more of your cash in your wallet (electronic or otherwise) by playing the sites using the freebies that they offer from time to time. These might include free spins every Wednesday, some house credit on your birthday, or an hour of free play to celebrate Christmas.
Top Casino Reviews is all about providing Canadian online casinos for players to review, and we only provide the best. Don't bother digging through the muck; let us do the digging for you. Then, all you have to do is take advantage of the sweet bonuses and make up your mind. Which one will you choose? Only you can decide that!